Happy Friday friends! Today I wanted to share with you some excited restaurant news- the very delicious Southern Brazilian steakhouse Fogo de Chão is now open in Dunwoody. It’s the second location to hit Atlanta and it’s even better than ever! Drew and I were fortunate enough to try it out for the first time last week. Have you ever tried out a Brazilian style steakhouse? It’s quite the experience!
The Fogo de Chao Experience
The menu is anchored around the Full Churrasco experience – the art of roasting meats over an open fire, and espeto corrido, or “continuous service” – that Fogo de Chão began serving more than 37 years ago in Southern Brazil. The menu features a wealth of savory, fire-roasted meats that are perfectly seasoned, prepared and carved tableside by a team of authentic, Brazilian-trained gaucho chefs. Some guest favorites include filet mignon, lamb chops and ribeye, as well signature Brazilian cuts like their house specialty Picanha sirloin. As a complement to the variety of protein options, guests can also enjoy the gourmet Market Table and Feijoada Bar, which includes seasonal salads, soups, fresh vegetables, Feijoada (Brazilian black bean stew), and authentic Brazilian side dishes.
The brand new Dunwoody location offers a variety of other dining options and experiences for everyone, including:
- Gaucho Lunch: Designed to accommodate the busy schedules of weekday diners and business professionals, starting at $15. Guests may also choose to add a single cut of meat to the Market Table, all for under $25.
- Brazilian Brunch: Introduced to celebrate family and friends on weekends, guests can enjoy the Full Churrasco experience along with the Market Table, fresh seasonal fruits, Greek Yogurt and some special, Brazilian-inspired breakfast items like Pão de Queijo Egg Bake, Braised Beef Rib Hash and a Seasonal Sunday Roast. To complement the experience, Fogo de Chão offers a special Brunch Bar in the main dining room where guests can enjoy made-to-order Caipirinhas and classic American brunch cocktails with Brazilian twists such as their cachaça Bloody Mary and Passion Fruit Mimosa.
- Bar Fogo: Created for those craving the authentic Fogo de Chão experience in a more casual way, guests can enjoy smaller, shareable plates, a variety of craft cocktails, award-winning wines and happy hour specials located in the bar area of the restaurant.
- Seafood: Brazilian-inspired seafood options such as Shrimp Cocktail with homemade Malagueta cocktail sauce and Mango Chilean Sea Bass are also available a-la-carte.
- Group and Private Dining: Whether celebrating a special birthday or hosting a large corporate meeting, Fogo de Chão has become the place for group and private dining internationally. The Dunwoody restaurant is well-suited for groups of all sizes with customizable menus, beautiful private and semi-private dining spaces, and complimentary A/V equipment.
Every Fogo de Chão restaurant boasts an award-winning wine list and extensive drink menu, featuring Brazil’s national drink, the Caipirinha, handcrafted with cachaça (Brazilian liquor made from sugarcane), fresh lime, and sugar. Fogo de Chão also offers a tempting dessert menu, including its signature Papaya Cream – made with fresh papaya and vanilla ice cream, then finished with Crème de Cassis tableside. A dining experience for all ages, children six-and-under enjoy complimentary dining, and ages seven-to-12 dine at half price for the Full Churrasco experience.
Ready to try this meat heaven? To celebrate the new location, an introductory price of $46.50 is being offered for dinner. You can also check out their Happy Hour Monday through Friday: 4:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. (Available in the bar area only). I recommend trying everything- the exotic salad bar, as many meats as you have room for and the strawberry cream dessert. I’m still dreaming about it weeks later!
Let me know what you think!