Downtown Atlanta’s highly anticipated Restaurant Week returns for its 13th year Saturday, July 18, through Sunday, July 26, 2015. During this nine-day culinary event, top chefs offer diners signature menus at exceptional prices. Presented by Central Atlanta Progress (CAP), the annual Restaurant Week event gives Atlantans the opportunity to indulge in Downtown’s finest dining hot spots.
With more than 35 participating restaurants this year, gourmet prix-fixe menus will range from $15, $25 or $35 for brunch, lunch and/or dinner options. Prices are per person and exclude alcohol, tax and gratuity.
CAP President, A.J Robinson, on Downtown Atlanta Restaurant Week: “Downtown Restaurant Week gives Atlantans and visitors the opportunity to enjoy Atlanta’s signature dining destinations and neighborhood eateries. With a wide range of culinary creations from Atlanta’s most talented chefs, this year’s premier culinary event is sure to encourage diners to explore, eat and enjoy everything that Downtown Atlanta has to offer.” Click here to see a FULL list of all participating restaurants.
For both fitness enthusiasts and those on the path to a healthier lifestyle, hitting the gym can be a laborsome task. Group workouts have increased in popularity and indulging in post-workout cocktails and bites, especially ones low on the calories, has become an exciting new trend in fitness.
Presented by Lushworthy.com and Atlanta’s newest cycling boutique, Vibe Ride, Cycle & Sip (#CycleAndSip) will give attendees the premier exercise experience they’ve been looking for – toning up all parts of the body with a cycling class in Midtown. To conclude the event, those in attendance will indulge in calorie-conscious cocktails and light nutritious bites while mingling with other Cycle & Sip attendees. Attendees will also be treated to exclusive giveaways from Athleta and Lushworthy.com.
“With Lushworthy.com turning four-years-old this month, I’m very excited to take part in this unique Happy Hour with Vibe Ride,” Danielle Harling, owner of Lushworthy.com said. “I have a handful of tasty, low-calorie cocktails in mind for Cycle & Sip, and can’t wait to sip and mingle with attendees!”
The first Cycle & Sip is scheduled to take place on Thursday, July 23 from 6:45 PM to 8:45 PM.
Tickets for Cycle & Sip can be purchased for $25 at bit.ly/cycleandsipjuly.
Never ones to put a limit on celebrating, all Atlanta-area Tin Lizzy’s Cantina locations are pouring out the big guns July 20-26 in honor of National Tequila Day on July 24. During that week, guests can enjoy $10 Silver Tequila flights – featuring Patron, Herradura and 1800 – to go with their FlexMex soft tacos, quesadillas, specialty skillets and more. The flight also comes with a $5 certificate to use on a return visit the week of July 27. For more information and restaurant locations, visit tinlizzyscantina.com.
Red Bull Soapbox Race will cruise into Atlanta on Saturday, Oct. 24, 2015. This unique non-motorized racing event challenges experienced racers and amateurs alike to design and build outrageous, human-powered soapbox dream machines and compete against the clock in a downhill race. Each hand-made machine is fueled by creativity, showmanship and the need for speed.
October 24, 2015, 12 p.m. EST – RaceWHERE: North Avenue N.E., Atlanta, GA
Old Fourth Ward ParkAPPLY: For more information on how to participate or to submit applications, visit redbull.com/soapboxATL.COST: Free to participate and attend.
Atlanta-based chef, restaurateur and cookbook author Kevin Gillespie is opening his latest dining destination, Revival, in Decatur on Thursday, July 23. The restaurant offers guests a family-style dining experience reminiscent of Gillespie’s own family’s traditions, and executive chef Andreas Müller reinterprets the food from Gillespie’s childhood with a selection of Southern-inspired dishes that will bring guests together at the table.
Müller, who previously worked at Gunshow, shares Gillespie’s enthusiasm for preparing traditional meals with farm-fresh ingredients and uses his own Swedish background to inject both rural and refined culinary influences into the Revival menu. Guests can order dishes à la carte or choose the family-style option ($49 per person), which includes the choice of one entrée for the table and is served with hors d’oeuvre, relishes, trimmings, Gillespie family iron skillet cornbread, the choice of dessert, tea and coffee. The restaurant is opening with dinner service only and will add lunch in several weeks.
Menu items include:
Hors d’oeuvre ($6-$10):
Sliced local tomatoes with cucumbers and sweet onion
Toasted deviled ham tea sandwiches
Local kale salad with old-fashioned boiled dressing
Old-fashioned skillet-fried green tomatoes
Country-fried Kobe beef round steak with skillet pan gravy
Revival fried chicken
Grassfed beef and pork meatloaf wrapped in bacon
Wood-grilled Berkshire pork steak
Spiced Mississippi catfish in low country tomato gravy
Wood-grilled South Carolina quail glazed with roasted honey and garlic
Mushroom-stuffed cabbage dumpling with spicy roasted tomato sauce
Fatback-fried silver queen corn
Hickory-smoked local greens
Old-fashioned creamed potatoes
Fresh field peas and snaps in sweet cream butter and dill
Green cabbage with confit ham
Revival mac n’ cheese
Pan-roasted mushrooms with celery and lemon
Local zucchini and summer squash pancake
Geneva’s toasted vanilla pound cake with peach fool
Butterscotch trifle with butter pecan cream
Lemon icebox pie
Rustic peach and nectarine tart à la mode
Awesome chocolate cake
- Revival seats 100 guests and features a lush garden and a patio space that will house an outdoor bar called Communion in spring 2016. The restaurant is located at 129 Church Street in the former Harbour House Pub site in Decatur. Revival is open for dinner Sunday – Thursday from 5-9 p.m. and Friday – Sunday from 5-10 p.m. Reservations are accepted but not required and can be made by calling the restaurant, (470) 225-6770, or online. For updates, follow Revival on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook. Additional information can be found at www.revivaldecatur.com
- Bonobos (www.bonobos.com), the largest Internet-launched men’s clothing brand in the United States, brings their fresh take on retail to the Peach State once again with the launch of their Guideshop opening July 16, 2015 in the heart of Alpharetta at Avalon – premier live, work, play destination.
- Bonobos Guideshop is an “e-commerce store,” designed as Bonobos’ answer to the traditional retail experience. Bonobos Guideshop Avalon – Alpharetta is a physical 950 square-foot space, serving as a highly personal extension of Bonobos’ comprehensive customer service for those who want to see and try on the clothing in-person before placing an order on the popular retail website.
- Assisting visitors in the Guideshop are Bonobos Guides – experts trained in fit and style who guide customers through the wide range of Bonobos merchandise, including tailored suits, dress shirts, blazers, casual shirts, denim and chinos. Bonobos Guides provide the hybrid service of a fit expert and style advisor in a relaxed, one-on-one environment without the stress of a traditional retail store.
- The Guideshop enhances the shopping experience by eliminating hassles associated with a traditional retail store. Rather than searching for assistance, customers are assigned a personal shopper upon arrival. Size and style preferences are more likely to be available as inventory is housed in a single location instead of spread across multiple stores. Finally, purchases are shipped free of charge directly to the customer eliminating the burden of carrying cumbersome bags around.
- Bonobos Guideshop Avalon – Alpharetta is the brand’s eighteenth store nationwide and second location in Georgia, following the success of the Buckhead Guideshop. Located on The Plaza at Avalon next to Kinnucan’s and Lululemon at 5115 Avalon Blvd., Alpharetta, Georgia 30009. Hours of operation are Monday – Thursday from 11 a.m. – 10 p.m., Friday – Saturday from 11 a.m. – 11 p.m. and Sunday 12 p.m. – 8 p.m. Guideshop appointments can be scheduled by visiting www.bonobos.com/guideshop or calling (678.699.9613). Walk-ins are welcome and appointments are always complimentary.
- Nearly two billion pounds of oysters are eaten every year, and The Big Ketch Saltwater Grill goes through a lot of those every Monday-Friday between 4 and 6:30 p.m. That’s when Buckhead’s local beach house celebrates happy hour with half off a dozen half shell oysters. In honor of National Oyster Day on Wednesday, August 5, that happy hour special will be extended to a full day. As an added bonus, chef-crafted oyster specials will be featured especially for the occasion.
11 a.m. – 10 p.m. on Wednesday, August 5, 2015
The Big Ketch
3279 Roswell Road, Atlanta, GA 30305
- About The Big Ketch Saltwater Grill
Who doesn’t love a day at the beach? That’s the spirit behind The Big Ketch Saltwater Grill – fresh, casual seafood, prepared with a gourmet touch. Atlanta’s local beach house first opened its doors in Buckhead in October 2010 and is known for sourcing the highest quality seafoodand offering friendly service in a relaxing atmosphere. For more information, call 404-474-9508.
- This summer, Atlanta Coffee Supply Group (ACSG) is celebrating its 20th anniversary as a specialty coffee and tea distributor for the Southeast. Since its inception in 1995, ACSG has not only become Atlanta’s premiere full-service distributor of hand-roasted coffee and premium iced tea for the foodservice industry, but also produces its own proprietary coffee and iced tea lines: Lakehouse Coffee and Blue Durango Iced Tea.
- The Lakehouse Coffee line features 10 different blends that cover a wide range of tastes and profiles. Blue Durango Iced Tea offers three flavorful, craft blended teas (classic iced tea, an herbal iced tea and an antioxidant-rich green tea with fresh mint) to provide the ultimate refreshment. In addition to these two proprietary lines, ACSG’s product offerings include Lavazza coffees, Ghirardelli sauces, Mighty Leaf Tea, Rancilio espresso machines, Bunn coffee and tea equipment, Monin flavor syrups and Dr. Smoothie.
- As a result of Silver’s tenacity and commitment to quality, ACSG has gained the respect of highly regarded chefs throughout the Southeast. “Blue Durango Iced Tea is the most flavorful iced tea I’ve ever had. I’ve been using it for about 8 years now, and nothing comes close,” says Derek Dollar, executive chef of Milton’s Cuisine & Cocktails. “I also drink Lakehouse Coffee’s Chef’s Blend every Sunday morning before brunch service.”
- Lakehouse Coffee’s private label program offers foodservice providers even more personalized options by creating custom artwork for private label retail bags that are designed for resale at specific restaurant locations or to commemorate special events. Looking to the next 20 years for ACSG, Silver hopes to bring his Lakehouse Coffee products to the consumer market to offer serious coffee drinkers an unassuming addition to their times of reward and relaxation both at home and on the road.
- ACSG is located at 1800 Wilson Way SE #10 in Smyrna, Georgia. For additional information, visit www.lakehousecoffee.com or call 404-799-7774. Lakehouse Coffee updates can be found on Facebook and Twitter.
This Sunday, July 26, chef and author Steven Satterfield of Miller Union and Root to Leaf, will hit the Westside for a special brunch and book signing at Billy Reid. This event will be the final installment of Billy Reid’s Spring / Summer 2015 Brunch Series, featuring tastes from Satterfield’s debut cookbook and a signing from 12 to 3 p.m.
Billy Reid is located at 1170 Howell Mill Road NW, Atlanta, GA 30318. RSVP to Robin.Blackmore@billyreid.com.