I can honestly tell you that today has been a lot harder then yesterday. Its only day 2 and I’m already daydreaming of a warm piece of toast. This is why its good to do the cleanse with a friend-so you can hold each other accountable. I’ve been tempted to eat a few Goldfish but I know if my friends (who are doing the cleanse with me) are staying strong, than I can too! With that being said, today required more veggies and fruits to snack on. This morning I ate 2 bananas and 1 tangerine for breakfast. I snacked on grapes, an apple, cucumbers, and carrots for the rest of the day. For lunch I did an Asian salad with all natural ginger dressing.
For dinner I made a green minestrone soup with a side of tomatoes in balsamic vinegar. I also made some zucchini chips!
• Sea Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
• 1 Tbs. olive oil
• 1 lb. leeks (white and pale green parts), well rinsed and diced (4 1/2
• 1 cup diced carrots
• 1 Tbs. water
• 6 to 8 cups vegetable broth
• 1 cup sliced green beans
• 1 cup diced zucchini
• 1-cup fresh or frozen small green peas
• 1 cup diagonally sliced, trimmed fresh asparagus
• 1 Tbs. chopped fresh parsley
• 1 Tbs. chopped fresh basil
• 2 green onions, coarsely chopped
• 1 clove garlic, minced (or more if you like garlic, I used 3 cloves)
1. In large pot, heat oil over medium heat. Add leeks, carrots and water. Cover
and cook until the leeks are very tender, about 15 minutes. Do not brown.
2. Add 6 cups of broth and bring to a boil. Add green beans, zucchini, peas and
asparagus. Simmer, uncovered, over medium heat, until vegetables are tender,
about 8 minutes.
3. In small bowl, mix parsley, basil, green onions and garlic. Stir into simmering
soup. Add additional broth to thin soup if necessary. Season with sea salt and
This soup was very simple tasting. I told Andrew that this soup seemed like something the Pilgrims ate because it was literally just water and vegetables. I added some minced up garlic to give it more flavor. It was good but not like the roasted red pepper soup I made last night. Tomorrow we will be having Stir Fry for dinner so make sure you come back for that recipe!