Happy Friday friends! I hope you have had a wonderful week and ready for the weekend. Instead of doing a recipe this week I decided to do something a little different- my first ever DIY on Peaches to Pearls! I hope you like it and it inspires you to make this easy holiday wreath. Speaking of inspiration- I was inspired to make this wreath by Craft Box Girls. If you have not checked this amazing website out GO now! As founder Lyn Lilly said to me “its Pinterest- meets Etsy-meets Martha Stewart.” Pretty amazing right? You can find easy DIY videos and blog post like mine for all your crafting needs.
This holiday season I decided I really wanted a wreath for my door but didn’t want to pay $50+ for one. After talking to Lyn Lilly she told me how affordable and easy it actually was to make your own wreath. So I drove myself to Michael’s and bought all my supplies for under $10 with my handy little 40%off coupon. I wanted to make something very basic since it was my first time making my own wreath. I already had a hot glue gun but if you don’t have one its a great investment!
Here are the simple steps to making your own wreath (Also pictured above)
DIY Holiday Wreath
1) Purchase supply- go with whatever you want to add to your wreath. I just wanted a simple decor with a big letter in it.
2) I purchased a white “H” and spray painted it gold.
3) Stick the bottom part of the greens into your wreath (pictured above). Add glue to it so it will stick properly.
4) Add more glue to any part of the greens that touch the base of the wreath ( a lot of glue is key to making these stick properly).
5) Position your letter wherever you want it to sit on the base of your wreath.
6) Begin adding hot glue to any part of the letter that touches the base of the wreath (pictured above).
7) Allow to dry for a few hours.
Let me know how yours turns out! Happy weekend friends!