The following post is sponsored by The Fresh Market but all thoughts and photography are my own!
Happy December friends! Who is in the holiday spirit? I sure am! That’s why today I’ve teamed up with my local Fresh Market to bring you a delicious, healthy recipe! One of my favorite things to do during the holidays classics like cinnamon rolls, pot roast and honey ham! I also make it a point to add healthy sides when I make big meat dishes. I get a lot of my inspiration from The Fresh Markets recipes because they tend to be healthier and call for quality items. I also turn to The Fresh Market for my grocery needs because love food is a the heart of their store! Their stores are organized, clean and have a very inviting atmosphere. The Fresh Market has always been known for their unique, top-quality and small-batch items, including an assortment of farm-fresh produce, first-class quality meat and seafood, signature bakery items, rare dry goods and a variety of organic and local options.They are devoted to sourcing and delivering specialty foods with exceptional quality and the finest ingredients – some under the company’s private label and others curated from a host of international food artisans, farmers, fishermen and culinary creatives.
“Easy Holiday Entertaining” Sampling Event
The Fresh Market is here to ensure host are ready to entertain a lively feat and guests are prepared to bring the most wanted dish with the Easy Holiday Entertaining sampling event on Saturday, December 3 and Sunday, December 4 from noon until 4 p.m.
Sampling stations in each department will offer fresh, delicious holiday inspiration:
- Sip on signature, alcohol-free cocktails made from crisp, balanced Q Drinks soda flavors including the spicy Paloma cocktail, ideally served with Blanco tequila, as well as the cranberry smash cocktail – best paired with vodka or bourbon
- Savor creamy Fromage D’Affinois and serve at home with fig spread, Marcona almonds, candied nuts, salame di Parma, honey and any white wine. Add Italian flying meatballs to the mix for the perfect hors d’oeuvres spread at any holiday gathering
- Delight in a tropical treat with The Fresh Market’s coconut shrimp ready to heat and serve – leaving less stress for the host and more joy spending time with company
- Taste Maryland crab cakes made with simple flavors that enhance the delicious natural flavor of the crab – made to enjoy baked or sautéed
- Indulge in holiday sweets including The Fresh Market’s gingerbread take and decorate mini platter – perfect for kids of all ages – and a selection of spice drops and peppermint puffs/sticks
- 16 carrots with tops, peeled and green tops trimmed
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt
- ¼ c. Terrapin Ridge Farms Cherry, Apple and Rosemary Glaze
- 1¼ c. Alter Eco Red Quinoa
- 2½ c. water
- 1 tsp. salt, plus more to taste
- 2 tbsp. Terrapin Ridge Farms Tart Cherry, Apple and Rosemary Glaze
- 1 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- ½ c. extra-virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- ½ c. dried cherries, coarsely chopped
- 5 oz. baby arugula
- ½ c. pomegranate seeds
- ½ c. roasted and salted pumpkin seeds
- ½ c. Feta cheese, crumbled
For the carrots: Preheat oven to 400ºF. Toss the carrots with the oil and salt on a large rimmed baking sheet. Roast until carrots are almost tender, about 25 minutes. Remove from the oven. Drizzle the carrots with ¼ cup of glaze and roll on the baking sheet to coat them. Return to the oven roast until the glaze is reduced, about 5 minutes. Let cool on the sheet.
For the quinoa: Rinse the quinoa in a sieve under cold running water. (This removes the natural bitter coating on the quinoa grains.) Transfer to a medium saucepan, add water and salt, and bring to a boil over high heat. Cover tightly and reduce the heat to medium low. Simmer until quinoa is tender and has absorbed the liquid, about 20 minutes. Remove from the heat and let the quinoa cool.
Whisk 2 tablespoons of the glaze, vinegar and olive oil in a large mixing bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
Add the quinoa, cherries, arugula and toss to coast in dressing. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer mixture to a large serving platter. Arrange the carrots on top and sprinkle with the pomegranate seeds, pumpkin seeds and feta cheese.
Happy cooking friends!