I hope you are having a wonderful week so far. Good news…its already Wednesday! Only a few more days and its the weekend. I have a suggestion on how to make this week better..banana bread. I personally love baking. Its relaxing and I love seeing how the outcome is a slight different every time. Today I want to share with you my favorite banana bread recipe.
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened and divided
- 3/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 3 medium ripe bananas, sliced
- 1/2 cup fat-free buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons amber or gold rum
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Baking spray with flour
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons half-and-half
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2. Melt 3 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add brown sugar and bananas; sauté 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; cool 10 minutes. Place banana mixture in a large bowl. Beat with a mixer at medium speed until smooth.
- 3. Combine buttermilk and next 3 ingredients (through eggs). Weigh or lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Add flour mixture and buttermilk mixture alternately to banana mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture; beat at low speed just until combined. Scrape batter into a 9 x 5-inch metal loaf pan coated with baking spray. Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out with moist crumbs clinging. Cool for 10 minutes in pan on a wire rack. Remove bread from pan, and cool on wire rack.
- 4. Melt remaining 1 tablespoon butter in a small, heavy saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook 3 minutes or until butter begins to brown; remove from heat. Add powdered sugar and half-and-half, stirring with a whisk until smooth. Drizzle glaze over bread. Let stand until glaze sets.